Feb 2018 – Present
CTO & Co-founder of SIGTERM Inc.
- Developed high-frequency trading (HFT) system, operating on multiple major crypto markets.
- Coordinated a team of 3~5 software engineers: established a code review and evaluation process.
- Established guidelines and policies for code quality improvement (e.g. code review process, architecture reviews, automated linting and testing).
- Developed low-latency order execution and management software for the HFT system.
- Co-worked on programming language transition of the HFT system core.
- Developed highly optimized crypto exchange clients for the HFT system.
- Improved speed and stability of orderbook retrieval and parsing component.
Feb 2016 – Feb 2018
Lead Data Scientist, WATCHA Inc.
- Implemented recommendation engine for WATCHAPEDIA for books.
- Improved profitability of WATCHA! by optimizing recommendations.
- Distributed and optimized data processing pipeline.
- Developed recommendation algorithms for home/search/category page of WATCHA.
- Coordinated a research team of 3 – 5 people.
Mar 2014 – Feb 2016
Data Scientist, WATCHA Inc.
- Improved recommendation accuracy and optimized the sign-up procedures of WATCHA!.
- Developed content recommendation algorithm for home feed of mobile version of WATCHA!.
- Improved recommendation system for WATCHAPEDIA —a Movie/TV show recommendation service.
- Modeled relationships between user preferences on contents and other attributes for use in targeted advertisement.
- Contributed porting python-based recommendation system to Scala.
Feb 2008 – Feb 2014
Ph. D. student of Machine Learning Group @ POSTECH
I presented 7 peer-reviewed papers about machine learning, and participated in 2 national, > 2 coorperate research projects including:
- Jul 2009 – Feb 2014 Development of models for feature extraction from multi-sensory data (Supported by Ministry of Education and Science Technology)
- Sep 2008 – Dec 2009 Project Collaboration: CMEST—Vision interfaces for mobile devices (Supported by Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy)
Sep 2008 – Dec 2008
Teaching assistant: Automata and Formal Languages.
Mar 2004 – Feb 2008
Computer Science, POSTECH, B.S.
Mar 2002 – Feb 2004
Gyeonggi Science High School
- Yoonseop Kang, Taewoong Jang, Seungjin Choi, Learning features with Structure-adapting multi-view exponential family harmoniums, IJCNN, July 6 – 11, 2014.
- Yoonseop Kang, Saehoon Kim, Seungjin Choi, Deep Learning to Hash with Multiple Representations, ICDM, Dec 10 – 13, 2012.
- Saehoon Kim, Yoonseop Kang, Seungjin Choi, Sequential Spectral Learning to Hash with Multiple Representations, ECCV, Oct 7 – 13, 2012.
- Yoonseop Kang, Seungjin Choi, Restricted Deep Belief Networks for Multi-View Learning, ECML-PKDD, Sep 5 – 9, 2011.
- Heeyoul Choi, Seungjin Choi, Anup Katake, Yoonseop Kang and Yoonsuck Choe, Manifold Alpha-Integration, PRICAI, Aug 20 – September 2, 2010.
- Yoonseop Kang and Seungjin Choi, Common neighborhood sub-graph density as a similarity measure for community detection, ICONIP, Dec 1 – 5, 2009.
- Heeyoul Choi, Anup Katake, Seungjin Choi, Yoonseop Kang, and Yoonsuck Choe, Probabilistic combination of multiple evidence, ICONIP, Dec 1 – 5, 2009.
- Rust, Python 3, C++11, Scala, Matlab, C, CUDA
- tokio-rs, reqwest
- asyncio, aiohttp, websockets
- Twitter Finagle, Apache Spark, Apache thrift
- Numpy/scipy, scikit-learn, jupyter notebook
- Django, Flask, gunicorn
- AWS: EC2, CloudWatch, S3, ElastiCache, RDS
- Collaboration: Github, Bitbucket, Trello, JIRA, Slack
- Editor: Vim, Visual Studio Code, CLion, PyCharm, IntelliJ
2020-03-16 - 문화일보 유권자 가치관·정책 입장 조사에 응답해 보았다